Thursday, April 17, 2008

Exposure

Hello Internet,

Well I've finally finished my frantic sign-up period for twitter and blogger. The main reason is to spread the name of my web 2.0 project. Currently I'm stuck in the development phase of my idea and trying to save up some money to hire a programmer. Rather then lay idle I've decided to make my name known out in the internet . This is the topic of today's post. EXPOSURE!

In the last couple of years I've always found new web 2.0 companies and services through friends. They always told me "hey you should check this out". Just yesterday my friend Victor told me about a new app called Digsby. He had his laptop out and showed me all the cool features and how it worked. Well...needless to say it sold me. This is how i stumble on to sites such as Google, Digg, Pownce, Twitter, Blogger, What have you.

What is interesting is that many of these web 2.0 companies don't advertise and rely on nothing but word of mouth. Now of course this type of viral advertising only works when your product or service is good and useful.

Take a look at Google. They have never created a Google ad to send people to their site. They've never had a superbowl commercial. They just showed it to a couple of friends, showed students at Stanford University and built a name for themselves. Now don't think that just by telling a friend or two that you'll instantly be the next Google. It is of great importance that your product or service is the best of your work. When people are appreciative of the product or service they will surely tell other people.

Currently I haven't even finished my service but still I want to have a name out there in the internet. And at this point your probably wondering what my service even is. Well you'll find out soon enough. I'm just trying to protect my intellectual property for now but I hope to have it up and running by the end of the summer. Using this blog I wanted to give my service some exposure and more importantly to have an online journal on whether I will succeed or meet epic failure. In all honesty I hope this blog may even help people who are interested in creating a web 2.0 startup. Who knows...

If you would like some more information or advice I suggest the followng:

Read "The Google Story" by David Vise

- This greatly inspired me and thanks to my friend mike for letting me borrow it.

Watch Gary Vaynerchuk's Video Blog.

- He always has great advice for people and about creating a personal brand. He definitely can help you with exposure.

- www.garyvaynerchuk.com

Just Read. Go online. Do some research. The more you know the better off you will be.


You guys can always e-mail me and I will definitely try to answer all my e-mails. Nothing is more important then helping people or hearing what people think of my blog. Thank you very much and I'll try to post a new topic everyday

No comments: